July 14. 6 min Read
Epson Vs HP Ink Tank printer
Introduction on Epson Vs HP Ink Tank Printer:
We all have heard of these two brands Epson and HP and we all know that they have a well-developed reputation in the market. HP deals in many product-like laptops, printers, and other electronic products whereas Epson only deals in printers and image-related equipment.
Both the brands have a good performance level in the market and people often get confused between the brands that which one is a better one for them to buy.
Well, we will say that every printer has its one feature and quality and a printer is purchased according to the need of the consumer if your need is been fulfilled by the printer which is of another brand then if it recommended that you chose that one
But still, some people prefer to go after a brand, so for them, we have brought you this comparison article that will contain 3-pair of printers of both the brands so that you get a clear idea about the company’s best features and differences.
The comparisons pairs on Epson Vs HP Ink Tank Printer are:
- Epson L3150 Vs HP 419
- Epson L5190 Vs HP 516
- Epson L405 Vs HP 415
These are the 3 pairs that we are going to take and compare them on the basis of their design, features, ink characteristic, connectivity and printing, scan and copy properties.
Make sure that you follow the article because this will give you a clear difference between the features of Epson Vs. HP.The Epson printers L series has been a huge profit point for Epson, their L series has improved and compact version of the printers. Whereas the HP printers have brought in 2 series one of 400 series and another 500 series, the 500 series is basically the smart tank printers that are different and come with more advanced features at a reasonable cost. We have an option to print more
1. Epson L3150 Vs HP 419
- The Epson L3150 ink tank comes in a compact size that comes in full black color. Whereas HP ink tank printer is also a compact printer the design resembles from the other HP printers the color of the printer is Blue and Black, the whole body of the printer is coated with black color and a strip of blue color is been added at the top-right hand side of the printer, this gives the printer a smart look.
- In HP 419 there is a display feature available of 7 segments + icon LCD whereas Epson L3150 does not have a Display screen it has manual buttons only.
- Both the printer has integrated ink tank which makes it easy to check the ink level of the printer.
- The weight of the HP 419 is 4 kg 670 g and the weight of the Epson L3150 is 4 kg 500 g.
- The printing speed of HP 419 is 8 paper per min for black and white printing and about 5 paper per min for color printing.
- The printing speed of Epson L3150 for 33 paper per min for black and white printing and 15 paper per min for color printing
- The Epson L3150 has a printing cost of 7 paise for black and white and approx. 18 paisa for color printing according to the ISO standard.
- The HP 419 has a printing cost of 10 paise for black and white printing and approx. 20 paisa for color printing according to the ISO standards.
- The printing quality of both the printers is a standard one.
- The page support provided by the Epson L3150 is A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, and DL.
- The page support provided by the HP 419 is A4, A6, B5, DL Envelop, and Legal.
- The HP 419 gives a high-volume page yield of 15,000 black and white printing and 8,000 for color printing. Whereas the Epson L3150 is about 4500 for black and white printing and about 7,500 pages for color printing.
- The Epson L3150 gives you the connectivity option of Wi-Fi, USB, and App whereas in HP 419 the high-speed connectivity option available are Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, and Bluetooth.
Comparison Table of Epson L3150 Vs. HP 419:
2. Epson L5190 Vs. HP 516
- Epson L5190: The EcoTank is specifically made to save power consumption of the printer. The printer also comes in a compact size with an all-black body. Whereas the HP 516 is a full black in a color printer that suites its structure perfectly, each printer has an integrated ink tank which will give you a spill-free and accurate ink level check.
- The Epson L5190 also has an Automatic Document Feeder which is built so that you don’t have to manually arrange and spill the pages into the printer. The ADF tray is present on the top of the printer. The HP 516 does not have an ADF.
- The Epson L5190 also has an additional feature of Fax present in it. Fax type is of Walk-up that can fax both black and white plus, color fax. The speed of the fax of Epson L5190 is 336 kbps with a resolution of 200 x 200 dpi.
- The page yield of both the printer is high, Epson L5190 gives you a page yield of 4500 for black and white prints and 7500 for color prints. Whereas the Page Yield of HP 516 is 18,000 for black and white and 8000 for color prints.
- The Cost Per page of the Epson L5190 is 7 paise for black and white and 8 paise for color prints and for HP 516 the cost per page is 10 paise for black and white and 20 paise for color prints.
- The Printing Speed of Epson L5190 is 10 paper per min for black and white prints and 5 paper per min for color prints.
- The Printing Speed of HP 516 is 11 paper per min for black and white prints and 5 paper per min for color prints.
- The Scan type of both the prints is Flatbed and the Scanning Resolution of the printer’s Epson L5190 is 1200 x 2400 dpi and for HP 516 is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- The connectivity given by Epson L5190 is a Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB, and app. Whereas the connectivity option of the HP 516 is USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE.
- The Borderless printing of the Epson L5190 is up to 4R and HP 516 gives you a full borderless print.
- The page support of Epson L5190 is A4, legal, Indian legal, Letter, Hagaki, Envelop, DL, and C6 and the page support of the HP 516 is A4, A6, B5, DL Envelop, and Legal.
Comparison Table Between Epson L5190 Vs. HP 516:
3. Epson L405 Vs HP 415.
- The HP 415 and Epson L405 come with an integrated ink tank system which makes it easy to check the ink level and avoid spillage. HP smart app application helps you get proper control over your printer. You can print, copy and scan at any time, worry-free. Whereas in Epson you have app options of Epson Print, Email Print, Remote Print Driver.
- The Page Yield of the Epson L405 is 4500 pages for black and white and 7500 for color prints whereas for HP 415 it is 6000 for black and white and 8000 for color prints.
- The Cost per page of the HP 415 is 10 paise for black and white prints and or Epson L405 is 7 paise for black and white prints and 18 paise for color prints.
- The Printing Speed of the Epson L405 is 10.5 images per min. for black and white prints and 5 images per min for color prints and the printing speed of the HP 415 is 8 paper per min and 5 paper per min.
- The Print Resolution of the Epson L405 printer is 5760 dpi and the Print Resolution of the HP 415 is 1200 dpi.
- The scanner type of the printer is Flatbed and the resolution of the scanner for Epson L405 is 1200 x 2400 dpi and HP 415 is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- The Epson L405 does not provide you Borderless printing but Manual Duplex printing is available.
- The connectivity option of Epson L405 is Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi, and USB, and for HP 415 the connectivity option is Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi, and USB.
Whereas the HP 415 gives you Borderless Printing and Manual Duplex printing.
- The Weight of Epson L405 is 4 kg 670 g and the weight of HP 415 is 4.67 kg.
- The Page Support of the Epson L405 is A4, A5, A6, B5, Letter, Legal, Half Letter, and Envelopes. Whereas the Page Support of the HP 415 is A4, B5, A6, DL, envelop.
After the analysis of the 3 pairs of printers, we are clear that most of the features are the same in the printer but still, there is a difference in the page yield, printing speed of the printer and the printing cost is also different between the printers.
As per the quality of prints both the brands are delivering good quality printers, these hp printers are for home use and they can do basic printing. But when it comes to Epson the page support of these printers is more reliable and can be utilized for other printing works for other purposes.
But still, in the end, the use of the printer totally depends on your need and if you like a specific brand then there are not a lot of differences in the features so if you want a printer for home or office use then you can purchase the printer of the brand that you prefer more or are attracted to more.